Saturday, March 17, 2007

Yard Sale for the Cure


Today I was contacted by Mr. Kevin Foster President and owner of Snap Hamilton, you may remember Kevin coming out to our Halloween event, he is the owner of this new magazine, and one that I truly like to read.

Kevin and I had a long talk about " Yard Sale for the Cure" which was started by a friend of his in Toronto who is fighting Breast cancer and started a yard sale to raise money to beat the battle against Breast Cancer.

I did not need much time to decide if I wanted to support this idea or not, I made up my mind in about 5 seconds.

I will post the website below, but here is the concept.

I will host this event in our park on the national day for this event, that being May 26 2007.

In order to make it a BIG EVENT ( come on folks you should know by now I never do anything small) I am going to bring in Par-t-perfect and have games,
face painters ( for this event I was thinking that the face painters can paint small pink ribbons on the childrens cheeks) baloon twisters, and inflatible rides.

We will also have a bbq, I am going to meet with a National Restaurant next week to see if they are interested.

Spots will be rented for you to set up and sell your goods, in return for a donation that we can then donate. Kevin has indicated that the cancer clinic on concession will soon be named as the primary choice.

I will also rent a moving truck to assist anyone with large objects that they want moved to the park. ( ..any big strong guys with pickups or who want to help would also be appreciated)

We can easily get 100 vendors into our park and if we charge 25 bucks per spot, thats $ 2,500.00 right there. Throw in our usual bbq and draws and that should raise another $ 1,000.00.

With nearly 300 houses in the new area and more in the old, we should be able to easily sell out our spaces.

Advertising for this is already under way, K-Lite FM is already aboard with the founder of the event Mrs. Rachael Smith expected to be interviewed shortly on air.

To learn more about the event please visit their website at Yard Sale For The Cure

To visit the best little community in Hamilton visit us at Allison Park

No comments: