Saturday, March 3, 2007

Christmas Pictures and Contest Winners

In the coming weeks the pictures from our last Christmas party will be posted, along with the winners of my annual house decorating contest.

The Christmas party was an incredible success, I never counted the people, but we had a minimum of 200 out.

The staff of Par-t-perfect was excellent once again, they dressed up as elves, manned the chuggy choo-choo ride, painted faces, ran the games, a great time for everyone.

The children especially enjoyed the reindeer stuffing, which was a new thing this year.

Actually everything was new this year, I hired the same company that I had for my Halloween event, and once again they did a splendid job.

The Ladies auxillary of the Legion 163 cooked 200 hot dogs, denise from DC Cakes made a great cake again, and Kathleen's girls Kiersten and Jessica pitched in along with Holly and a few other neighbourhood kids, sorry but I dont know your names! But thanks for all your hard work!

Without the volunteers these events could not happen!

I also want to thank the parents who brought in food and deserts, my wife told me somebody brought in a few large pizzas also, along with the great recipes, the pot luck was an enormous hit!

Thanks again to all the parents whom brought in food, I was so busy I did not have a chance to thank everyone personally, but trust me it does not go unnoticed!

This event was the biggest Childrens Christmas party yet and the second one I have done. Two years back to back and both a great success, so that means next year we will do it again!

It was a hit and miss with the date so close to Christmas Dec 23rd if you remember, but based on the turnout, that date must not have conflicted with many schedules. So, maybe in the future we will have it on a close date again to Christmas.

Oh, Santa did show up, and handed out presents to all the children.

If you did not see the pictures yet, we have the girls wrapping the presents, see our website at

Allison Park

Well thats all for now.

No comments: