Saturday, March 3, 2007

Allison Park Christmas House Decorating Contest

I just wanted to take this moment to thank everybody whom participated in my annual Christmas light decorating contest, each year it gets bigger and bigger, and also harder to judge.

This year we had some new first time winners.

Jacqueline Blvd has layed down the challenge, with a 100% sweep of all 5 prizes this year. Statiscally it is easier being the longest street and all.

But, the street with almost 100% participation was Sedona Court, I think every house had some sort of display, well done Sedona!

The judges had a very hard time picking this year, and actually we split it up to about 7 people this year.

After the results where in the judges where almost unanimous in the results. One judge said they did 20 laps in their car circling the neighbourhood!

Many visitors also commented on the displays and how our neighbourhood " rocks".

I was just thinking the other day on how far we have come with this contest, when I started it, we looked like just any other neighbourhood, now people are really getting into it, and our neighbourhood is starting to look like we will get noticed on TV soon!

I even got into it this year, ( maybe to much..?) I bought 4 of those inflatible things from Canadian Tire, and went to town on them. ( I disqualified myself:(.....)
They where nice to look at, but they are not built for our tough Canadian Climate or our winter winds!

To see pictures or visit our website please see our website at The best little neighbourhood in Hamilton

No comments: