Saturday, May 26, 2007

Yard Sale a Great Success

Wow, what a day, and a long day at that!

I woke up at an incredibly early time of the day for me, and woke to sounds of diesel trucks driving by the house, I recognized the sound of the engines as a Hino diesel, so I thought jeez, dont tell me that 1-800-GOT-JUNK is already in the neighbourhood?

Sure enough, there was Tony and his crew with 2 trucks roaming the neighbourhood looking for people whom needed help in hauling their goods to the park.

I cant thank Tony enough for all his help, his staff where incredible, they also bought a booth and sold their goods, and also made the largest donation of monies raised!

We had 14 vendors in total and hundreds of people showed up and brought their money with them.

In total we raised over $ 700.00 for breast cancer research.

It was a great first time event for us, and is a foundation for us to build on.

Thank-you to everyone whom came out, I will be posting a full-report with pictures on a new section on our website along with pictures this week.

No comments: